- 2 lb stew beef
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 1-1.5 lb baby potatoes
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 3 cups water or beef stock
- Turn Instant Pot Smart on to Sauté , and use the Adjust button to increase the temperature to More. Add 2T of olive oil, and stew meat.
- Brown stew meat to desired color, then add 1 cup of water or beef stock. Gently scrape the bottom of the Instant Pot with a wooden spoon to remove any stuck on meat.
- Add the can of crushed tomato and stir.
- Add carrots, potatoes, and parsley.
- Add two more cups of water or beef stock. You may add more water or beef stock depending on how you like your beef stew, but remember not to fill the pot more than 2/3 full.
- Set Instant Pot to Meat/Stew. By default, this is a 35 minute cycle, and took about 20 minutes to come to pressure.
- If stew is not desired consistency, either add more water, or create a slurry of flour or corn starch and water. Turn Instant Pot to Sauté, and add slurry, stirring until desired consistency is reached. Liquid can also be reduced by simply turning Instant Pot to Sauté and waiting until desired consistency is reached.
In order to make this Easy Instant Pot Beef Stew even easier, I used baby carrots and baby potatoes. You can of course cut and use their full size counterparts instead. If you want to add corn, celery, or other quick cooking vegetables to your stew, turn Instant Pot to Sauté after natural release. Add corn, celery, or other vegetables and cook for 10 -15 minutes before serving. This Easy Instant Pot Beef Stew recipe is naturally gluten free, dairy free, and allergy friendly, and sure to please any crowd.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 447 Total Fat: 12g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 112mg Sodium: 387mg Carbohydrates: 45g Fiber: 7g Sugar: 10g Protein: 43g