I really used to love those pasta side dish packets, which were super easy to make. You know what I am talking about, empty the packet into a pot, add some water or milk, and enjoy! Now, those tasty little packets don not fit with my dietary restrictions, so I set off to make my own with the help of my Instant Pot! This just proves that we can indeed eat anything we want, even if we must stick with a gluten free, dairy free, or allergy friendly diet. My Instant Pot Chicken Noodles and Sauce do not take much more effort than opening a packet, and are still ready in minutes.
These Instant Pot Chicken Noodles and Sauce are gluten free and dairy free (and free of the top 8 and 11 allergens) to fit my diet, but could be made with any sort of pasta or milk if you are just looking for a less processed alternative. I also used chicken stock I had made previously in my Instant Pot, but whatever you have on hand works just fine. To help me finely chop my carrots, I used my Vitamix on speed 1, but this could be done by hand or in a food processor. The key to cooking pasta in your Instant pot is half the normal cook time, and enough liquid to cover the pasta you’re making. I used Tinkyada Fettuccini to try to mimic the noodles in the packets I used to like, but any pasta would work. For more on pressure cooking pasta, check out The Secret to Al Dente Pressure Cooker Pasta over at Hip Pressure Cooking.
The Instant Pot Chicken Noodles and Sauce turned out wonderful on the first try. I generally don’t use salt in cooking, so feel free to add some to taste afterwards to make Instant Pot Chicken Noodles and Sauce taste even more like their inspiration! No one will even notice this dish is gluten free or dairy free unless you tell them.
- 2 Carrots
- 2 tbsp Fresh Parsley
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cups Chicken Stock
- 1 cup Coconut Milk (So Delicious Unsweetened)
- 1 package Tinkyada Fetuccini
- Turn Instant Pot to Sauté and add Oil.
- Chop carrots finely, sauté Carrots, Oregano, and Parsley until fragrant
- Break up Fettuccine and add to Instant Pot, you may want to use a wooden spoon to break it up more once it is in the pot.
- Add chicken Stock and coconut milk to Instant Pot, ensuring pasta is covered. If pasta is not covered, add more liquid until it is.
- Close the Instant Pot and set to Manual. Set the cook time to half the time of the pasta, in this case 6 minutes.
- Manually release pressure when Instant Pot is done cooking. Stir, salt to taste, and enjoy.
This recipe uses So Delicious unsweetened coconut milk, and Tinkyada brown rice pasta to make it dairy and gluten free. Any milk and pasta could be substituted, and no matter which ingredients you chose you will still have a healthier alternative to the original. Be sure pasta is covered by liquid, and is cooked for half of the normal cooking time on the package. To chop the carrots and parsley finely, I used a Vitamix on speed 1. Salt is added after cooking to taste.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 268 Total Fat: 18g Saturated Fat: 12g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 5mg Sodium: 426mg Carbohydrates: 21g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 4g Protein: 8g