This is a recipe I put together years and years ago, and we make all the time. This creamy and delicious easy vegan olive tapenade goes with everything. From a spread for bread to a dip for chips or vegetables, you can put this vegan olive spread on just about anything.
It only has a few simple ingredients, and is quick and easy to make. It is packed full of olives, which beings us to a couple of very important questions.
Are Olives Vegan?
Since they are the main ingredient in this vegan spread, you can be assured they are. Remember, olives are technical a fruit, and grow on a tree.
There are no other animal based or derived ingredients in this black olive spread, just simple things that grow in nature.
Are Olives Fattening?
The next thing you may be wondering if olives are fattening. While olives do contain fat in them, it is monounsaturated fat which is the GOOD kind of fat! According to the American Heart Association, this is exactly the type of fat we should be eating!
So go ahead, spread it on everything, your heart will thank you! You can’t beat the texture of this spread.
Simple Ingredients for A Simple Olive Spread
This creamy vegan spread only has 4 simple ingredients, and two of them are based on olives!
The ingredients are:
- Black Olives
- Lemon Juice
- Olive Oil
That’s it. We can thank our friend the Vitamix for the creaminess, but any blender or food processor will do. This Vitamix olive tapenade just dirties a single container for easy cleanup!
- 2 cans black olives
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice (juice of one lemon)
- 1 Cup packed parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Open cans of olives and drain.
- Place olives in Vitamix container or other blender/food processor container.
- Wash and seperate the parsley leaves from the stems. You are looking for one packed cup of parsley leaves.
- Add parsley to Vitamix.
- Wash and juice one lemon, add to Vitamix.
- Add 1/4 cup of olive oil to container.
- Close container and blend on low, gradually increasing to high. You may have to use a tamper or stop and stir the contents of the container.
- Once the ingredients are incoroprated, blend on high for one minute.
This amazing olive and parsley spread goes great on everything. We like to serve it with vegetables, chips, or bread.
This easy vegan olive spread is so creamy, it is great to add to bread, sandwhiches, and more as a replacement for non-vegan spreads.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 21Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 4mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
Nutrition data is estimated.