Sweet potato pies is one of those things that everyone loves, but can take a long time to make. Especially if you are making a gluten free dairy free pie crust from scratch! As much as I love the classic sweet potato pie, I created this crustless sweet potato pie recipe to make a quick side dish, or even dessert!
Crustless Sweet Potato Pie
Trust me, this is so good you won’t even miss the crust. This deliciousness comes from a quick trip to the broiler for your crustless sweet potato pie.
Simple ingredients make this vegan sweet potato pie a great addition to a weeknight dinner. Plus, with a little bit of brown sugar on top, your family will think you’re cheating and serving them dessert early, while you sneak in some extra nutrition in with all that sweet potato.
As a matter of fact, you can also serve it as a dessert.
The only things you need for this quick sweet potato side dish are some mashed sweet potatoes, brown sugar, and two tablespoons of your non-dairy milk of your choice. We use So Delicious dairy free coconut beverage.
Not dairy free or vegan? Use regular milk. I won’t tell.
You may be a bit worried about making those mashed sweet potatoes, but the truth is your Instant Pot makes it easier than ever. Don’t miss my guide to cooking sweet potatoes in the Instant Pot. Spoiler alert, it is super easy to do. We always have some in the house.
- 2 large sweet potatoes, mashed. You can do this easily with sweet potatoes made in your Instant Pot!
- 2 Tablespoons So Delicious coconut milk beverage (or other non dairy milk)
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- Mash sweet potatoes in bowl. Don't my super easy Instant Pot sweet potato instructions!
- Add 2 Tablespoons So Delicous coconut milk beverage. Blend with hand mixer unti creamy and smooth.
- Scrape mixtue into a pie plate. Don't worry, you don't need to grease it or anhything like that! This is super easy!
- Spread the 3 Tablespoons of brown sugar evenly over the top of your pie. You can spread it lightly with your fingers or a spatula if there are clumps.
- Set oven to medium broil. Place pie on bottom rack of oven, and broil for approximately 8 minutes until sugar is bubbling.
- Allow to cool and serve just like a pie!
This vegan sweet potato pie is great as a side dish, or dessert.
It is naturally gluten free, vegan, and allergy friendly. You won't find any substitutions here, just whole foods.
The crispy crunchy layer made on top by broiling the pie will make sure you don't even miss the crust!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 76Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 177mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 1g